Friday 10 September 2010

China diaries Pt.1

I made the bi-annual pilgrimage to China, Hangzhou to be exact.  As Creative Consultant for ISSA London it is important for me to see the samples and prints before our fashion show in London on 21st September, 7.30pm @ Somerset House. Hangzhou is where the label manufactures prints and fabrics for the jersey, chiffon and cotton styles in the collection.




Me inspecting the printed fabric



The screens to print the fabric


Maggie with a pattern cutter


The sample room



It's such a fascinating country especially travelling through mainland China and visiting the smaller cities. Hangzhou is a surprising hub of luxury shops and car dealerships, not the run of the mill car manufacturer's only the luxury high end ones, Maserati, Ferrari and Bentley of which the showroom was next to my hotel the Hyatt Regency. I saw a Bentley parked outside the hotel and was told that the number on the plate was extremely lucky and auspicious it would have cost the owner 1,000,000 yuan (around £100,000).   


Bentley number plate


I had my eye on another vehicle parked outside the hotel a beautiful new Rolls Royce Phantom coupe. I would definitely spend my hard earned yuan on this vehicle and feel extremely lucky without the need of the auspicious number plate. 



Rolls Royce Phantom coupe


No comments:

Post a Comment