Tuesday 17 August 2010

Long Live the King!!!!

The man in question is Monsieur Azzedine Alaia. Words cannot express the creativity this man puts into a silhouette he has been working on and re-producing for 20 years. It leaves me breathless and consumed with uncontrollable desire.


I have been coveting this bag he designed for Louis Vuitton's monogram canvas's 100th birthday since 1996.
Azzedine Alaia LV Centenaire Alma bag

My newest crush and carved in stone on my wish list is an Azzedine Alaia A/W '10 pony hair leopard print dress which costs the same price as a secondhand MINI One. I drive a MINI Cooper and have considered selling it and my soul for this dress. At least I'll have spare change to top up my oyster card as I skip home from Dover Street Market with this in my possession grinning from ear to ear. 

Azzedine Alaia pony skin leopard print dress

Oh Alaia!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your style! Just so you know we at Satine just received new Alaia shoes! Were one of few boutiques in the US who carry Alaia. Not to self promote, but here's a link to see all the Alaia booties we got . . .http://satineb.blogspot.com/2010/10/oh-my-alaia.html

    -Satine Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this bag that comes with the wallet, compact case, lipstick holder, and condom case.. I see its rare, I would love an estimate if possible. thanks & great website

    ReplyDelete